Friday, August 17, 2012

Friday Five: Books I'm Taking to College

It's always the most important (and difficult) part of packing to move back to school: what books do I bring? I'm a notorious book overpacker; I always think I'm going to have way more free time than I do and pack a ton of books that I don't wind up reading. I tried to keep it reasonable this year, but I still packed a box full. Here are a few of the ones I picked:

1. Harry Potter series (paperback) - J.K. Rowling: Because I can’t live without their presence. It’s a comfort thing.

2. Anna Karenina – Leo Tolstoy: Because my goal of reading the entire book this summer didn’t work out so well. Plus I want to look classy and educated reading it around campus.

3. Black Tickets – Jayne Anne Phillips: Because I’m more likely to read short stories than novels when I get swamped with work.

4. The Good Girl’s Guide to Getting Lost – Rachel Friedman: Because I’m reading it right now and realizing I love travel memoirs.

5. The Grace that Keeps this World – Tom Bailey: Because he’s on sabbatical this semester. And the cover looks pretty on my bookshelf.

No comments:

Post a Comment