Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Currently...

I'm jumping on the "Currently" wagon, thanks to Katy Upperman! Here we go...

Loving
All the free time I have on my hands since finishing my thesis! I can read for fun!!

Reading
Currently: ALONG FOR THE RIDE by Sarah Dessen (my annual summer reread!) and THE OPPOSITE OF LONELINESS by Marina Keegan.

Recently finished: ALL THE RAGE by Courtney Summers (OH MY. Amazing and thought-provoking...review coming soon!), and a crazy number of Sarah Dessen rereads: THIS LULLABY, WHAT HAPPENED TO GOODBYE, and LOCK AND KEY.


Watching
Last night my MFA friends and I had a Gilmore Girls-watching party. Tons of candy, comfy couches, and Jess Mariano. <3

Listening To
Sarah Enni’s First Draft podcast. She talks to YA writers about their entire writing journey: school, landing an agent, publication, advice…everything aspiring writers wish interviewers actually asked writers! Sarah asks great questions and really gets into details. My favorite episode so far is her interview with Veronica Roth.

Thinking About
Writing writing writing! I defended my thesis a week ago and figured I’d take a vacation from writing. But of course, nothing goes exactly as planned, and I have a Shiny New(ish) Idea to turn one of my short stories into a full-length book. Super early stages right now…I probably won’t get too far until after graduation, but I’m excited!

Anticipating
My upcoming trip to South Africa with Chatham University. I leave a week from today!

Wishing
I’m wishing for all the little pieces of my semester to wrap up soon. A final get-together for a class, another few copies of my thesis to distribute, more apartment-packing…I’m so close to the end!

Making Me Happy

The crazy amount of candy and cookies and brownies in my apartment right now. I don’t really know how it accumulated, but it’s here. And I will accept the challenge of consuming it all!


What's been on your mind this week? 

4 comments:

  1. I really need to get my hands on a copy of ALL THE RAGE. I've been hearing nothing but great things about it. So happy you have more time to read now! Good luck as you finish up your semester. And yay for being done with that thesis AND going on a trip to South Africa. So great! Have a wonderful week, Kaitlin! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to hear your ALL THE RAGE thoughts when you read it. It's a tough book for sure, but I think it's 100% worth reading!

      Delete
  2. Now I need to know: which short story are you thinking of expanding?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Halfway to Honduras!!! I believe *someone* put in a request for a longer version, so I started brainstorming, and the rest is history! EEEP!

      Delete