Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Currently...

Joining Katy Upperman for a little status update...here's what I am currently:


Loving
The illustrated edition of HARRY POTTER AND THE SORCERER’S STONE. It’s gorgeous, big surprise, and I’m reading it slowly, trying to savor every page.

Reading
Jandy Nelson’s I’LL GIVE YOU THE SUN is probably my favorite YA book of all time, so I figured it was time to give her debut THE SKY IS EVERYWHERE a reread. I read it back in 2011 and enjoyed it, but I appreciate it a thousand times more now.

I also just reread HOW TO LOVE by Katie Cotugno for some timeline structural inspiration. My WiP has a similar back and forth time jump, and I wanted to study how Katie Cotugno handles it in her own writing.
 

 
Watching
This crazypants show! And I love every insane second. Viola Davis is an intense and incredible actress...her Emmy is well-deserved! How To Get Away With Murder is my first Shonda Rhimes show (I never got into Grey's Anatomy or Scandal) and I look forward to it every Thursday night.

Listening To
“Heartbeat” by Carrie Underwood. It’s from her new record, STORYTELLER, which is releasing this Friday. The song paints such a vivid, sweet picture.

I’ve also been itching for an AWESOME new country female artist, and I just discovered Cam. Her song “Burning House” is all over the radio right now, and it’s gorgeous. I bought her four-song EP, and the songwriting is fantastic!
 
Thinking About
My GoodReads challenge. 24 books left to read in 2015. Yikes! Last year I read over 100 books and expected to have more time this year since I graduated in May (which means no homework), but sitting in an office 8 hours a day, 5 days a week actually cuts into my reading time a bit. Oops…we’ll see how I do!

Anticipating
My friends are hosting a Halloween party on Saturday, and I’m dressing up as a bumblebee! I’ve got glittery wings and yellow/black striped legwarmers. Can’t wait!

Wishing
That this Gilmore Girls-Netflix news actually comes true! Luke and Lorelai need those twins, gosh darn it!

Making Me Happy
My new Calia by Carrie gear. Such a high-quality line! I’ve been rocking the Waffle Dolman sweater and Open Back Sweater at work recently. They look great with jeans AND exercise leggings!

 
What's new with you this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment