Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Resolutions For 2016

http://www.brokeandbookish.com/
 
First week of January means RESOLUTIONS! I prefer goals to resolutions, and I try to make mine specific and measurable. I’m going to do a separate post listing the books I finally want to get around to reading in 2016, so most of these goals are a bit broader. Reading, writing, fitness and life!

 1. Read 52 books.

2. Don’t beat myself up for setting a much smaller reading goal than in previous years. (Working full time is no joke…it’s taken a huge toll on my reading habits!)

3. Read (or reread) 3 short story collections.

4. Finish The Darkest Minds series. (reread NEVER FADE, read IN THE AFTERLIGHT and THROUGH THE DARK novellas. This has been on my To-Do list since summer 2014, and I'm not letting myself read Alex's newest book, PASSENGER, until I finish The Darkest Minds)

5. Condense my TBR collection into one shelf instead of two. (This is one of my loftier goals…a combination of reading my unread books and slowing down my book-buying. I also want to decrease my “To Read” GoodReads shelf. As of today, there are 88 books on that shelf, though a handful of those have yet to be released)

6. Borrow at least one-third of my books from the library instead of buying them. (From my 52 books goal for the year, that means 17 should be from the library)

7. Write 3 new short stories.

8. Finish revising my manuscript, HALFWAY TO HONDURAS, and send to readers for critique.

9. Continue exercising. (I currently do yoga twice a week and treadmill/elliptical two or three times a week. I have many smaller yoga-related goals, like doing a steady crow pose, but as long as I’m still practicing this time next year, I’ll be proud)  

10. Unapologetically love the things I love. (This is my attitude goal of the year. Two years ago I had a similar, John Green-ish goal of being “ironically enthusiastic about stuff.” Often I think we alter or downplay our passions based on fear of others’ judgement. I know I do. So this year, I’m going to try and eliminate that fear, one small step at a time.)

And there they are! What are your 2016 resolutions, bookish or otherwise?

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with all your 2016 goals!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2016/01/05/top-ten-tuesday-38/

    ReplyDelete