Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: My Book Boyfriends!

 
Since it's almost Valentine's Day, this week's Top Ten Tuesday (on Wednesday, because I'm slacking) is a Valentine's freebie. Top Ten Books That Would Make Great Valentine's Day Reads (or anti-Valentine's day reads), Top Ten OTPs, Top 10 fictional crushes, top ten great love declarations in fiction, swoony quotes from books, etc. 
 
Of course, I want to talk about book boyfriends. Don't I always?
 
Top Ten Fictional Crushes!
here we go...
 
1. Kaz Brekker (SIX OF CROWS by Leigh Bardugo) Not sure why, but I'm obsessed. He's not outwardly romantic and he's way damaged. But he's the perfect mix of Kaz the Myth (Dirtyhands) and Kaz the Boy (no spoilers), and it just hit me in the heart.
 
2. Max Watson (THE START OF ME AND YOU by Emery Lord) Nerd boys forever! Hilarious, sweet, and a good friend first and foremost.
 
3. Josh Mitchell (I’LL MEET YOU THERE by Heather Demetrios) The stream of consciousness snippets we get from Josh's POV were some of my favorite parts of the book. He's struggling with a lot (PTSD, losing a leg in Afghanistan) but he's written so well. His character gutted me in the best way.
 
4. Will Herondale (The Infernal Devices trilogy by Cassandra Clare) I reread the trilogy last year and confirmed he'll always be on my list. Snarky and swoony, it doesn't get much better than Will!
 
 
5. Oscar Ralph (I’LL GIVE YOU THE SUN by Jandy Nelson) An artist with a motorcycle and a British accent (and a backstory). Oscar is everything. If you haven't met him yet, I've got no clue what you're waiting for...grab this book NOW!
 
6. Chaol Westfall (Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas) My favorite of the Throne of Glass boys, though I really like Dorian as well. Not saying who I think is best for Celaena because of spoilers. For me, Chaol is my broody favorite.  
 
7. Levi Stewart (FANGIRL by Rainbow Rowell) The sweetest love interest I think I've ever read! Genuine and kind, plus he works at Starbucks and would bring me free drinks.
 
8. Jonah Griggs (JELLICOE ROAD by Melina Marchetta) Another who'll always be on my list, our very own Leader of the Cadets, Griggs. Sa-woon! 
 
 
9. Frank Porter (SINCE YOU’VE BEEN GONE by Morgan Matson) A sweetheart like Levi from FANGIRL. Funny and an all-around good guy.
 
10. Wes Baker (THE TRUTH ABOUT FOREVER by Sarah Dessen) The grand finale and my original book boyfriend! Wes will never not be on my list.
 
 
 
Real me would probably only date Max, Levi and Frank (maybe Wes if I met him at the point in his life when Macy did, post-juvie), but fictional-world me wants all of them to myself!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment