Sunday, July 29, 2012

5 Book-to-Movie Adaptations I’m Looking Forward To

It seems turning books into movies is becoming more and more popular. Here are the upcoming movies I'm looking forward to seeing.


1. Catching Fire: Gary Ross isn’t directing and Suzanne Collins didn’t write the script, which terrifies me, but I still can’t wait. Catching Fire is my favorite out of the Hunger Games trilogy, and I really hope I’m as happy with it as I was with the first movie.

2. The Perks of Being a Wallflower: Emma Watson’s first lead role, post-Hermione. And she has an American accent. It’s coming out in September, can’t wait!

3. City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments series): I’ve been waiting for YEARS while this movie got itself together. It’s finishing up casting, finally, and while none of the leads are the people I’d hoped, I’m reserving judgment. I’ll definitely be in the theater opening day.

4. The Great Gatsby: Leonardo DiCaprio as Jay Gatsby? Enough said. This is going to be perfect.

5. 13 Reasons Why: This movie is still in pre-production, and I know a lot of people aren’t happy about Selena Gomez playing Hannah. I actually think she could do a good job if she gets enough distance from Disney Channel first.


Check out my list of favorite movie adaptations of books here and let me know which books you'd like to see made into movies!

No comments:

Post a Comment