Wednesday, August 13, 2014

What's Up Wednesday!

What's up, Wednesday-ers? Welcome to another What's Up Wednesday, hosted by Jaime and Erin!

What I’m Reading
I finished THE ONE, the final book in The Selection series. It was such a fun read! I went into the series with kind of low expectation, but I wound up having a blast! I also finished THE LIGHTNING THIEF, the first book in the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series. I never read these as a kid…bad middle schooler award goes to me. I’m loving them now, though. I’m reading SEA OF MONSTERS as well as working through THE GLASS SENTENCE by S.E. Groves still.

What I’m Writing
Small snippets for TALLYHO, my WIP. All the writing I did at the summer writing intensive really wiped me out, and I’m having a hard time finding the desire to write. So I’m taking it easy until I go back to school in two weeks.

What Inspires Me Right Now
All the stellar middle-grade books I’ve read lately. The ones I mentioned above plus Chris Colfer’s Land of Stories series AND Harry Potter (I’ve been listening to the Goblet of Fire audiobook whenever I’m in my car). It makes me want to write a MG book!

What Else Is New
I got my flu shot over the weekend. I KNOW, it’s way too early to think about that, right? But my mom found out that Rite-Aid already has the vaccine for this coming winter, so we all hauled ourselves up there. Hooray for being protected against germs!


After flu shots, we rewarded ourselves with Rita’s Water Ice. Yum! 



Have a great week everyone!

1 comment: