Wednesday, July 2, 2014

(belated) Ready. Set. WRITE! (Week 4)

Ready. Set. WRITE! is a summer writing intensive hosted by Jaime MorrowErin FunkKaty Upperman, and Alison Miller. Every Monday we post our progress toward the goals we made at the beginning. Here's my update for the week!

(Posting this late, I had a crazy busy weekend!)

How I did on last week’s goals
Not so great. Didn’t get through any of my TNW revisions because we spent a long and fun weekend at my grandma’s. I did, however, do a bit of writing on my new idea, just some random scenes here and there, and I’m already loving these characters!

My goals for this week
-Continue writing scenes for new WiP
-Finish the revisions I blew off last week

A favorite line from my story OR one word/phrase that sums up what I wrote/revised
Barbecue! My family had a barbecue at Grandma’s over the weekend, and it inspired my new cast of characters to do the same. So. Many. Chicken. Legs.

The biggest challenge I faced this week
Again, finding time to write while paying attention to company/being good company.

Something I love about my WiP

Discovering my MC’s extended family. Grandparents, uncles, cousins…they keep surprising me (and my MC)!

Hope all you RSW participants had a great writing week!

No comments:

Post a Comment