Tuesday, October 27, 2020

Review: BEACH READ

Beach ReadBeach Read by Emily Henry
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

BEACH READ was exactly what I wanted. A women's fiction writer suffering from writer's block spends the summer at her late father's (secret) second house at the lake and enters into a bet with her literary fiction writer neighbor and college rival. January vows to write a literary fiction draft, while Gus tries to write a Happily Ever After.

Second chance romance is my FAVORITE trope, and I love Gus and January's history and romance. As a couple, they communicate very well, which is something I don't see enough in novels. Usually miscommunication is used to ramp up tension, but in BEACH READ both protagonists are very honest and open about their needs and feelings. I also connected with January as she dealt with her grief surrounding her father's death, and I loved reading about her writerly struggles!

Highly recommend the audio!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment