Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Review: WRITERS & LOVERS

Writers & LoversWriters & Lovers by Lily King
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

WRITERS & LOVERS poked all my most fragile places. Casey is a writer who has just unexpectedly lost her mother, and she's living paycheck to paycheck in a potting shed turned studio apartment and trying to finish her novel (and figure out her romantic life along the way).

It's a quiet, slow burn, and was exactly what I needed. I'm really loving novels about writers lately, and Casey burrowed her way into my heart. She's trying to deal with her overwhelming grief while being the only writer from her MFA who hasn't given up and taken a full-time non-writing job. She doesn't always make the smart choice, but I loved and related to her.

This one is completely character-driven, and I adored the cast of characters in Casey's world. They're well drawn and complex, and they kept me turning pages. Casey herself was my favorite, though, and I'd follow her for another four hundred pages if I could.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment