Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Creative springboards




Since Monday night, I have been OBSESSING over this song. Taylor did a live video chat to share news about her new album that’s coming out in October. At the end of it, she played her new single, “We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together.” It’s thirteen different kinds of amazing (as usual), and I’ve been listening to it nonstop. And for the first time in months, I sat down on my bedroom floor and wrote song lyrics.

Taylor Swift always makes me feel like I’m slacking. The girl has sixteen songs on her new album, and I’ve written maybe two all year. Something about her makes me want to be super creative. All it took was listening to her talk about the work she’s been doing on her album, and I was writing again. Maybe it’s because we have similar creative processes and styles. Or maybe it’s because she’s my age. Either way, thanks Taylor!

Are there any people/places/things that are surefire motivation for you to be creative? (and yes, Pinterest counts!)

1 comment:

  1. I like your play on the number 13. Also, I have had that exact video with lyrics on repeat ALL day today at work (since 7am)!!!! I am surprised I don't have a headache. Seriously, how does that work?! Granted, I've had a few meetings and have not been at my desk for the entire 5 hours... but that's still a LOT of Taylor. And, I love every minute of it.

    ReplyDelete