Friday, January 11, 2013

2013 Monthly Resolutions

I came across a post on The College Prepster about resolutions a week or two ago, and I really like how she broke down her resolutions by month. Since I love to obsessively organize my life, I decided to do something similar. I picked a category to specifically focus on for each month (although I'll still work on the other categories each month too).

So this isn't strictly a writing-related post, but writing is my March goal! It counts, right? I thought this would be a good way to share a little more of myself on this blog, instead of just my thoughts on books and writing.

January: Grow Up
This isn’t to say I can’t continue obsessing over Disney princesses and eating animal crackers. I just need to start some more adult habits, particularly in regards to money. I want to start putting a piece of my paycheck into my savings account each month, and I'm hoping to pay back the money my parents loaned me for my car.
 
February: Love
Self-love, the love of others, just caring in general. I want to buy valentines. I want to spend more time talking to people I don't normally talk to. I want to smile more.

March: Writing
I try and write all the time, but it doesn’t always happen. I have a TON of projects to finish at SU, and I want to have material to work with in graduate school. March is right in the middle of my semester, so it’s a good time for me to check in with my progress.
 
April: Be a college kid
I want to enjoy my last month as a college student. I want to take every opportunity offered to have fun and spend time with my friends.

May: Organization
I want everything to be in order as I move on to the next phase in my life (post-graduation, hopefully to grad school). I don’t need clutter in my way!

June: Exercise
I’m trying to get back into exercising this year, and once school is over, I’ll have free time to devote to exercise daily. I really want to start doing yoga again.

July: Food
Eat cleaner, cook more, find new recipes I love.

  August: Music
I’ve fallen away from playing guitar in the past year or so, which makes me sad. I want to start playing regularly again and build back those calluses on my fingers.

September: Relationships
I’m a shy person when I first meet people, so I need to put myself out there when I get to grad school and make some new friends. Because staying home alone is never any fun.

October: Reading
I love to read but never seem to have enough time. I need to set aside the time to read for pleasure, not just what I’m assigned for classes.

November: Relax
I always get stressed right before finals time when all my portfolios and stuff are due. I need to take time to chill.

December: Holiday etiquette
I always seem to put off holiday errands until really late in the month, and presents/cards wind up late or not sent. I need to be better about that.


I'll be checking in with myself over the course of each month, and at the end of the month, I'll make a post about how successful my goals were. Hopefully this will keep me accountable!

How about you? What are your goals for the year?

2 comments:

  1. I love these goals! I definitely think you can complete them :) Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a neat idea, breaking it up by month! I love your goals and have every confidence that you'll accomplish them all. Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete