Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Review: Starry Eyes

Starry Eyes Starry Eyes by Jenn Bennett
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Jenn Bennett writes some of the most vivid characters in contemporary YA today. Their dialogue, their quirks, their outside-the-box hobbies...I've read all three of her contemp novels this year and each one stands out in my mind. I adore them all, but STARRY EYES has my heart. Astronomy lover Zorie gets roped into a "glamping" trip with her sort-of friends, only to discover that her ex-best friend Lennon is coming along, too. Of course, nothing goes as planned on this trip, and Zorie finds herself stranded in the wilderness alone with Lennon.

I identified so much with Zorie and her control-freak tendencies. She's a planner and stresses when she can't control a situation (sometimes to the point of giving herself hives). Lennon is one of my new favorite YA boys, outdoorsy and snarky and sweet. Their banter is TOP NOTCH! I also loved Zorie's relationship with her mom and Lennon's relationship with his moms - I love a YA with awesome (and present) parents.

My review won't do this book justice, so just read it! It made me giddy from start to finish and almost convinced me to give hiking/camping a try. (I said almost.)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment