Friday, August 28, 2015

YA Buccaneers Summer Reading Challenge Wrap-Up!



All summer I've been reading books to fill in all the squares on this chart as part of the YA Buccaneers Summer Reading Challenge. I've had so much fun and read a ton of great books!

And now, here are my final results....


I completed 13 out of the 15 categories! I'm pretty proud (although I wish I'd gotten to the Rory book, seeing as Gilmore Girls is my life). Here are the books I read for each category (along with reviews of some):

Banned book: THE CATCHER IN THE RYE by J.D. Salinger
Set during the summer: THAT SUMMER by Sarah Dessen
Historical novel: BURIAL RITES by Hannah Kent
Book with diverse MC: TO ALL THE BOYS I’VELOVED BEFORE by Jenny Han
Adapted into a movie: THIS IS WHERE I LEAVE YOU by Jonathan Tropper 
Published your grad year: CROWN OF MIDNIGHT by Sarah J. Maas
Book by your fave author: SAINT ANYTHING by Sarah Dessen
Book of your choice: AN EMBER IN THE ASHES by Sabaa Tahir
Graphic novel: ANYA’S GHOST by Vera Brosgol
Road trip book: AMY AND ROGER’S EPICDETOUR by Morgan Matson
Book you own but haven’t read: THE HEIR by Kiera Cass
Set on a different continent: SAVING FRANCESCA by Melina Marchetta
Non-fiction/writing/craft: WILD by Cheryl Strayed

And there you have it! Thanks to YA Buccaneers for hosting such a fun summer reading challenge. I'm already looking forward to the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment